Salesforce Connector Error

KenC
KenC
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

Anyone see this error message before?

Resetting the notifications failed. Please contact your SALESFORCE System Administrator and let them know that notifications from Webhooks are no longer working so that they can investigate.

Our Salesforce Connector was setup in 2017.  I don't think anyone been using it for more than a year. I am try to connect Salesforce opportunities into Smartsheet.

Ken

Comments

• Hello,

I would suggest reaching out to the Salesforce Admin who configured the Salesforce Connector to ensure they still have the following permissions set in Salesforce:

1. API Enabled
    2. View Setup and Configuration
    3. View All Data

If needed, they can refer to our guidance for configuring the Salesforce Connector here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476111-salesforce-admin-setup

If you continue having issues please create a case with Smartsheet Support and we'll be glad to take a closer look! You can create a new case here: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

Kind regards,

Nathan

• I'm reporting a similar issue here in 2023. Out of seemingly nowhere, our long-standing Smartsheet/Salesforce connector workflows stopped working.

Any advice is much appreciated. It's completely stopped my team in our tracks.

The warning messages read:

"Resetting the notifications failed. Please contact your SALESFORCE System Administrator and let them know that notifications from Webhooks are no longer working so that they can investigate."

"We've detected a problem receiving notifications from SALESFORCE. Please press the “Reset” button to try to reset the notifications. As part of resetting the notifications, the rows in the sheet will be overwritten to be consistent with salesforce. Status reported from Salesforce: Unexpected error occurred. argument "content" is null"

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Andrew Cotter

There are a few potential causes for an error like this. Here are some things you can check:

1 - Check Permissions: The user account that owns the Jira Connector connection will need to be a Site Admin in Jira. Users without this permission cannot create Webhooks in Jira, so automated workflows won't work. 

2 - Possible Firewall Issue: The Jira Connector might be blocked in your firewall from reaching the /webhooks endpoint in Jira - ensure the Jira Connector can reach Jira endpoints. (See: Jira connector firewall settings)

3 - Reset OAuth token: If that hasn't helped, try re-setting the OAuth token by following these steps:

1. In your browser, log in to Jira as a Jira Global Administrator
    2. In another tab of the same browser, log in to the Connector
    3. Navigate to the Account Admin page through the upper left Menu icon (or click here https://connectors.smartsheet.com/c/jira/admin)
    4. Next to the affected Jira Server, select the edit icon (pencil)
    5. Click through the setup pages. No adjustments should be necessary.
    6. On the last page, click "Connect."
    7. You should be redirected to a Jira OAuth page. Click "Allow" to re-establish the OAuth token.

Once the OAuth token is re-established, the webhooks should be successful as long as the OAuth token was established under the credentials of a valid Jira Global Administrator.

Should you still be receiving the error, please contact the Support team through the Support portal providing them with all the steps you've tried as well as the Work Execution file:

• In the Jira Connector dashboard, select the timestamp under the Run Date column of the workflow.
    • Select the timestamp under Last Run for the latest run of the workflow with the error.
    • On the workflow run page, go to the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines in the upper left) and choose Download Workflow Execution Support Info.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P.

Thanks for the detailed response. Will the above steps from Jira be transferrable to Salesforce?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hey @Andrew Cotter

My apologies! I saw connector and went into auto-pilot!

Yes - you're receiving the same error I've seen in Jira before and the checks are very similar. Here are the adjusted directions for the Salesforce Connector:

1 - Check Permissions: In the Connector, navigate to the Account Admin screen through the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner. From there, next to your Salesforce Organization, identify the Owner of the connection. From there, have your Salesforce Admin verify that this person has the required permissions to own the connection:

• API Enabled
    • View Setup and Configuration
    • View All Data

(See this Help Article: Before you Begin: Requirements)

2 - Verify that the workflow owner has access

It's possible that the person who created the workflow no longer has access to the Salesforce object or target sheet in Smartsheet. Verify that the user is a licensed Smartsheet user and still has access to the connected sheets and objects.

3 - Reset Access token: If that hasn't helped, try re-setting the Access token by following these steps:

1. Log in to Smartsheet, navigate to Account (Profile Icon in the top-right corner) > Apps & Integrations 
    2. Find Smartsheet for Salesforce in the list of connected apps
    3. Select revoke on the right-side
    4. Once revoked, log into the Connector to re-enable the disabled workflow

Should you still be receiving the error, please contact the Support team through the Support portal providing them with all the steps you've tried as well as the Work Execution file:

1. In the Salesforce Connector dashboard, select the timestamp under the Run Date column of your workflow.
    2. Select the timestamp under the Last Run column for the latest run of the workflow.
    3. On following page, go to the hamburger menu and choose Download Workflow Execution Support Info. (Not Account Support Info file)

Cheers,

Genevieve