Sharing Templates

Eddie Rayborn
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I would like to share multiple templates that I have designed so others can use within my company. Does Smartsheet have the capability to share a blank template? 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Eddie,

Yes, it does.

Share a Template

Templates can't be shared individually, but they can be moved into a shared workspace. Anyone shared to the workspace with Admin access can create new sheets from your templates as long as they are a licensed user in Smartsheet.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic Weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They only need to have "View Only" access to use the Templates. They just can't save it into the Template Workspace without the Admin Permissions.

I have something very similar set up for my teams. A workspace with a bunch of templates in it where everyone has "Viewer Only" access aside from one that has Admin as a backup if I am out for the day.

That way the templates cannot be altered or deleted, but they can be used. They just have to be saved to a workspace where the user has admin or owner permissions or directly into their "Sheets" folder.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is incredibly disappointing you can't share Templates without a workspace. I just ended up creating a workspace dedicated to Templates. 

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Rebecca_Kolker
    Rebecca_Kolker ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/20/23

I am trying to do the same thing but I don't want to have to share each individual person to the workspace. I want them to be able to go right to a dashboard and choose one of my templates and simply save it as new. I am assuming this is not possible? Thanks. Rebecca