Force Update TODAY Formulas
Does anyone know of a way to force TODAY formulas to update whether or not the sheet is opened? I'm trying to trigger workflows off of a TODAY formula, but it currently only works if I open the sheet, causing the formula to update. Smartsheet's usage notes indicate that the following events cause TODAY functions to update:
- You open the sheet and save it
- You add a new row to the sheet from a form submission
- You make changes to the sheet from an update or approval request (more on these alerts here)
- You update the sheet by way of a report (more on reports here)
- A linked cell updates the sheet (more on cell linking here)
- You open the sheet being referenced in a cross-sheet formula (more on cross sheet formulas here)
Is there some way to automate one of these events, so they occur every day, forcing the TODAY functions to update?
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!