Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Repeating Columns in Reports

Options

I have a combined report that is pulling information from 10 different smartsheets.  The columnar information is the same from each of the smartsheets. For some reason, 1 column repeats on the report for each sheet.  Lets say I have 10 seets from 10 different people. Each sheet will report that one Column (lets call it the tax column)  10 times.  

They all should consolidate in 1 column. Whatis causing that?

Tags:

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/18/16
    Options

Elizabeth,

Is this repeated column the Primary column?

Craig

• Hi Craig 

It is not..... that is why I am confused.  They are also not mispelled

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Elizabeth,

The next thing I would look at is the Report Builder:

The "What?" section can be used to see what the various columns are. Perhaps the column was duplicated when the Report was created.

If the column types are different, the columns will (sometimes?) show up as different even with the same names. At least, I think I remember seeing that behavior.

In the upper right there is also the Columns button. You could try removing the columns using this button.

Columns that are part of the criteria can be hidden, but should not be removed.

I hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.