Premium Feature High Prices / Locking out Small Businesses

Nick Burrus
Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

Is anyone else disappointed in the pricing and the lack of availability of the Smartsheet Addons/Premium Features? 

The features of these premium addons are pretty badass and would be useful. I feel like I would use dynamic reporting (especially if they had date filters) quite a bit. Along with this, I use a lot of work spaces to organize projects. Global Control Center seems like an excellent way for me to automate this work.

However, after talking to Sales they "do not recommend" us for this due to our small size and not having thousands of accounts.

This is disappointing. Features like this are critical and part of Zoho. The more I use Smartsheet Dashboards, the more I prefer numerous amounts of Smartsheet's competitors because these features are included in their base prices, but not Smartsheet's. 

I am really disappointed there is no way to try any of these features out. That there is no way to truly get a feel for how they work. Yet, Smartsheet acts as if small businesses shouldn't have these at all. 

It really rubs me the wrong way. I feel like I could extend Smartsheet much, much, further if these were more accessible. I've been pulling off things that are way more advanced then any preview the Smartsheet team has ever shown in any of their advertising or solutions. I feel these would let me push this software further. 

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I empathize.

Craig

• Alma PM
    Alma PM ✭✭

NBurrus thanks

A great point indeed, that block's us also.

Wonder what the smartsheet response will be?

Regards

Assaf

• Sadly, I empathize also.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/29/19

Smartsheet, please considering letting small project groups to use these awesome features! I understand you cater to enterprise accounts. But, what if one of our project's become an enterprise in the future? A lot of my colleagues have left Smartsheet to alternatives, due to the feature pricing!

Plus being told by your Sales team it's not worth us having the feature is really sour! How are they to know what is best for our business, when they do not know our business? The reason we reached out and suggested these features is because we would like to use it, not pay tens of thousands for it!

Smartsheet is not small business friendly :( We pay for a dozen admin licenses and that is a large expense.

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really want to try out the Data Uploader but it's locked down as well :(

• Dusty Robinson
    Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭

Agree - The ability to access the capability of the Control Center for smaller groups would be a game changer.

• Juancho
    Juancho ✭✭

I can't believe the pricing for individual plans. Almost 240 dls for 10 spreadsheets? MS Project on the cloud is now available for 10 dls a month. This doesn't make sense, to set up a limit that is so low. Very frustrating. Introduced smart sheet in my previous job, now working as an independent consultant, but at this price I'm not signing up again. The limit is ridiculously low.

• I really dont think Smartsheet is gonna say anything at all. They haven't even recognized the value in simple functionality like form response validation. A request that can be found in posts like yours dating back to 2016. And functionality that Google provides for free.