Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Schedule an export of a Report

Options
Donna Forlin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I'm trying to link up a SmartSheet report to our Company wide reporting dashboard in Power BI. To do this I'm looking to schedule an export of a report (say weekly) to save in SharePoint where it is accessed by Power BI. Has anyone else tried this? Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Donna

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Donna-- I'm not personally aware of a way to do this directly through the Smartsheet application. Though we do allow you to schedule the sending of exported reports via email in Excel or PDF format, we don't offer the ability in-app to schedule an export of the report to another application. I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list to consider for future development.

That being said, if you have access to a developer, you might be able to accomplish this using our API, however I'm not as familiar with how this would be done. A team member who is familiar with implementing APIs might want to take a look at our documents

• jmart61
    Options

I have an almost identical issue. Smartsheets are used in my organization to manage some data which I want to merge with other data in a BI application. I don't want to manually deal with this - reporting is currently automated for overnight refresh.

I would like to hear about any advance in functionality that deals with this.

• Trezoro
    Options

I also would love this feature.

This discussion has been closed.