Task Management Best Practices/Solutions

Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello all!

I'm currently designing an updated workflow and I'd love to gather some best practices/what's worked well from other users.

Right now, the project team makes an update in the sheet, notes which column they changed in the "Changes" field, and then flags the row. This sends an automated notification to a partner, who reviews the information, and changes data accordingly in a system outside Smartsheet. The partner then turns off the flag and checks a "Completed" column.

I feel like I may be making this too cumbersome/not trackable in terms of quantifying changes, etc. 

Can anyone share how they approached a similar workflow?

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Lisa,

There are a few different ways to set it up (depending on your answers). Heres a few examples.

Is it one partner? Would it work if they had access to the sheet?

1. Report to show all tasks that the partner needs to add to the external system
    2. Notify the partner of all changes, and then they could use that to add to the external system
    3. Update requests or approval workflows for each task with all the needed information

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting​

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.