Use SmartSheet for Resource Planning
I am new to smart sheet I want to use SmartSheet to...
- ... get an overview over all projects that are going on in the team.
- ... get an overview about the project status.
- ... see how many resources are available (aka how many manhours are available).
So far we using simple Excel sheets and oviously I want to get away from this. And I am looking for assistance So far I am using the trial version.
What I need is something like this:
- A table that is showing the resources: I think of a calendar showing who is on vacation or has taken a day off, who is on a business trip, who is sick and who is available. It might also be that a person doesn't stay a full day.
- A table that is showing all projects that are going on: this is a simple task I could solve by myself.
- A table that is showing the projects, the calculated hours from PMO, the used hours, the still required hours and the resulting delta. To make it not that easy (I could solve the basic issue behind this) I want to have the still required hours and the used hours added on a weekly basis by still having the current delta.
- A calendar that is showing how many manhours are available.
- A matrix that is showing which team member is allocated to which project.
- A "forecast table" to be able to add possible future projects and to have a forecast.
From 1. I get the available manhours per day that I can view in calender 4.. Moreover the sum of all current projects compared to the available manhours give me the current workload. From 5. I should be able to get the workload per team member.
Last but not least it should be possible to generate a biweekly report and have a dashboard (I think this is the easiest task).
What I am struggling with the most is how to get the dynamics into the tables and how to link the tables. Especially 3. is a hard nut to crack for me.
I hope my German english is understandable and that someone can assist
Thanks in advance!