Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Odd behavior - I thought it was just me

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Recently (last few weeks or so, maybe less - time is blurry to me), I've been noticing odd behavior on Smartsheet.

Things like an open dialog (attachment summary for example) would just close.

Did I click something? I'd look down at my hand to see if it has taken a life of its own.

I don't THINK so. But maybe I'm crazy.

And then I'd be in the Home view and be looking for a sheet and the cursor was suddenly somewhere else in a different workspace.

Again, I check my caffeine and alcohol levels -- nope, normal.

Am I going (more) crazy? Maybe.

And then I got this from a customer (related to Smartsheet usage):

"I feel like this week its been particularly slow. Also, when I am in a folder, it’s almost as if my smart sheet refreshes and takes me back to a previous workspace just randomly when i’m working."

At which point I said AHA! I'm not ALONE!

But ... it could be the same system.

Anyone else in the "am I going nuts?" club?

(We have cake)

Craig

Comments

• Dietrich Koch
    Dietrich Koch ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Craig,

count me in!

Until now I suspected my mouse of doing it, but now...

Best 

Dietrich

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

For Smartsheet:

Dietrich and I are in Germany. My customer is in the UK.

Craig

• Hi Craig and Dietrich-- The Workspace issue is known and something that I know has been under investigation for a while--it's really hard to reproduce intentionally (even if it seems to happen a lot!) but I'll update this thread as soon as we have progress on that. As to the other factors, are you working in a browser that has extensions? Particularly any extensions that may be new or recently added? Some of the strangest behavior I've seen in Smartsheet has actually been the result of interference with browser extensions and settings.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/11/16

No new extensions.

And given that there are three people reporting it as new, unlikely.

It happened to me twice today.

I think both times were the first time i was scrolling around the Home tab -- but I have so many Smartshet instances being opened and closed, I may be mistaken.

I'll try to capture it -- I've been videoing part of my day, especially when there is heavy Smartsheet use to see if I can get it.

Craig

• Hi Craig-- A video would be very helpful! With strange behavior like this, it's hard for us to try to replicate it on our end, so video proof can give our developers a better idea of what's happening. Feel free to send me that via email if you get a chance to capture it.

• Dietrich Koch
    Dietrich Koch ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kennedy,

any news on this?

It still happens - sometimes once a day sometimes several times an hour :-(

I'm using Chrome and there are no extensions installed...

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/09/16

It still happens to me too, but at the moment, that is the least of my annoyances.

I've done all the usual, some of the not so usual trying to get any sort of decent response from my computer when linking to sites in the USA from Europe.

Seriously. gmail, Smartsheet, my bank, my utility company, all are slow to respond, timing out and then refreshing like nothing happened. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge.

Tried more things than I can list here.

Back in the USA next week and will see how it goes there.

Craig

• Hi Dietrich and Craig-- No updates on my front, I looked through our Support tickets and couldn't see any other reports of this behavior. Unfortunately, since I have never experienced this and don't have any other customer reports or video records of this behavior, I think it's going to be really challenging to track down. 

This discussion has been closed.