Auto Fill Formulas

P.Bushong
P.Bushong
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a couple of formulas that need to be generated on each new row entry.

Also I have an automated Create(Date) column.

If the rows are deleted that do not contain the formulas in at least the last two empty rows, then the formula disappears.

But if I add the formulas to the last two empty rows, then the Create(Date) column is populated.

Is there a work around for this?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure I follow!

The Created (Date) column is a system column, so it's automatic.

What do you want to happen? How would you like to use it?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for your response.  It is working good now today.  Not sure what happened.  Basically I have a formula that needs to be repeated on each new record.  

Example: A new column was created after rows 1-10 was previously filled. The column data type is a check box with a formula to check the box depending on a certain condition.

On the next  new record created the the new formula was not appearing, so i had to copy the formula to the next two empty records in order for the formula to appear on any future records within this sheet.  I have a date created column and this auto updated with the check box appearing.

Any ways long story short it is no longer an issue.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Troy S.
    Troy S. Employee

Formulas will autofill when they are in the rows either two-rows above or two rows below the new row, at the same level of hierarchy. It's possible your formulas weren't carrying down due to a parent/child relationship breaking the autofill. 

Best,

Troy 

• I do not have a hierarchy with parent/child relationship.  so no sure.