Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

block dates for a specific task in a sheet

Hi all - 

There is a way to block non working days (holidays) for the entire sheet. 

Is there a way to block days for one particular row in smartsheet. 

Eg: We do not do deployment for almost 25 work days in a year and for deployment task (one row) i would like to mark those 25 days as non-working days. 
How do I do it? any help appreciated. 

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sreevidhya,

You could set those days as non-working days in your set up for the sheet.

Even if you don't know ahead of time what the dates are, when you know them, you can add them then.

Hope this helps,

Peace!

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭

The feature Heidi's is referring to is hidden in the Gannt View, under the barely-visible gear icon. If you look for it elsewhere (e.g., the Grid View), you probably won't find it.

Capture.JPG

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Or you can right click on the top of any column in the grid or gantt and select Edit Project settings from the list.

• Thank you all. 

I used those non working days and it applies to the entire sheet. 

What I am looking for is "non working days" for a specific row or a specific task.

For eg: Deployment tasks - --- it cannot happen on alternate Fridays.. 

I have a line item for deployment task and bunch for dates that deployment cannot occur. Every other task in the sheet can happen on those days. 

so all I need is how to set non-working days for a particular row or Task. .. This feature is not available in Smartsheet but was wondering if any one had a work around for that  :-)

appreciate your time and help! Thanks.

• Hi Sreevidhya-- We don't currently offer the ability to block out non-working days on a row-by-row basis. The only thing I can think of would be to use Conditional Formatting rules to basically say, if the date in the start date column matches (non-working day) then highlight the cell in a different color to make it stand out. 

• Thank you!

Can I create SheetB and have only one date column and list donw all the dates that deployment cannot happen

and then compare my start date with the dates in sheetB and say if start date is same as any of the date in that sheet then highlight start date as red?

Is that possible?

• Hi Sree-- It isn't possible to do this at this point, since we don't currently have LOOKUP formulas. We are planning to release LOOKUP functions relatively soon, but they will only be usable within the same sheet. This being said, once these are out, you will be able to create a table within your sheet and then compare the values. I'll be happy to provide further guidance on this once the formulas are released, later this year.

• OK. Thank you for your note.

This discussion has been closed.