Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Integrating smartsheet with slack

Comments

• I'd also like to be able to link the Information Update's of the status that you send via email to a channel in Slack. We have our security team on Slack and they typically send out all notifications. It would be nice to get your updates via Slack instead of email if the system is down, back up, etc.

• Shocked that there is no Slack integration. We have a small number of seats we are trialing right now but I'll be using something else until its added.  

• I'm shocked that there's 156+ comments and no formal answer from Smartsheet on how they're going to integrate with Slack. 

This is no longer a question of "if they should" but has become a question of "how long are they going to delay". 

• Thanks all for your input! We are working on a Slack integration and expect to release in the Q4 timeframe.

In the meantime, please continue to let us know how you would like to be able to use a Smartsheet-Slack integration. We'll incorporate your scenarios and feedback into our feature design.

Best regards,

Daniel

Product Manager

• Hi Daniel

Great news!  We would like to be able to send cards via Slack and get updates that way as well as via the Comments cell on the Sheet. We's also like to use and share a filtered view of tasks due any given week via the Slack channel.

Thanks.

A

• zamartz
    zamartz ✭✭

Would like to be able to send reminders/update request for row and have answers in slack to add update to 1 filed or to leave comments to row.

Would also like the ability to schedule "sight" updates to be sent in slack

• Add my vote to this as well. I would love to be able to assign a contact or form user a task, and have it send the alert via direct message in slack (vs. email), as well as reminders. Thank you! Looking forward to seeing it soon hopefully!

• We deep into Q4 and still hearing nothing here and so I need to be clear -

We busy building our next project and the discussion is not about slack, but whether we should dump smartsheet for lack of an integration.

For us, it is that simple...

• Sean-

Smartsheet is a wonderful tool for enabling teams to hit maturation level 0 and trend towards level 1. It's terrific in allowing for planning and visibility at a project level. The moment you need to integrate with tools, report at a portfolio level, or resource plan, Smartsheet falls over and you'll need to augment your solution with something more robust. I say this, not as a dig against Smartsheet, but as props to you and your org. You've outgrown the tool! Congrats!

-Andy

• Reply to Andy - 

Thanks for advice and most appreciated. I hear you, but we don't need portfolio, and I also tried the resource bit last year - it lasted for two weeks before we said stuff-that...

We busy looking at Wrike, but first prize for me is that smartsheet rolls out a basic slack integration. 

I moaned at them because we don't want to move - we love smartsheet, but the comms are even more useless than their resourcing. A simple slack integration would fix this...

Lastly, if my organisation (which spans 4 continents) ever reached any level of maturation, I would fire everyone, and shut it down. After all, I am an entrepreneur and hell will freeze over before I start to behave responsibly...

Sean

• Hi Sean,

I'm grateful to hear about your interest in an integration between Smartsheet and Slack.  I have good news - we're currently at work on the first version of the integration now and should have meaningful updates to share in Q1.  

When you mention a simple Slack integration, what comes to mind in terms of functionality?  What would you most value being able to do with an integration between Smartsheet and Slack?

Many thanks,

Scott Tewel

• Add my vote for this!  I am finding many start-ups are using Slack for a variety of channels of communication and this would be a perfect fit for integration with Smartsheet.  When it comes to functionality, I think integrating notifications in Smartsheet with a Slack channel would be ideal.  Also, the ability to navigate right to the sheet when the notification is sent to Slack.  Something that simple would drive alot better adoption across an organization.

• Hi Sean,

Any update on how the integration build is going?

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 10/24/18

Hello everyone,

We've recently released an integration with Slack that lets you send automatic notifications to a Slack channel. More information on this is in this community announcement: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-slack-integration-send-notifications-slack-channel

This discussion has been closed.