IF or IF AND Formula conditions DATE

Options
2»

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At a glance I can see there is a space in the "Yellow" part in the Balance@ row<0

Did that fix it?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you double click on the cell... copy the entire formula and paste it in here for us to review? Its hard to see what could be going on with the screenshot.

• Gerardo_Clarke
    edited 09/12/19
    Options

Hi Andreé, indeed the space in the formula was going through a bad play. However, correcting the formula is operative, but inconsistent with the initial. Leaving blank any status in which its expiration date is greater than "today". Then perhaps the order of hierarchy in the formula would be a solution. I was re-ordering the position of the formula segments but I couldn't. The image I show now is applying the suggested, space in the corrected formula.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-09-12 a la(s) 06.31.23.png

• Gerardo_Clarke
    Options

Hi Mike, here formula:

=IF(ISBLANK([Expiration Date]@row); ""; IF(AND([Expiration Date]@row > TODAY(); Balance@row > 0); "Rojo"; IF(Balance@row < 0; "Amarillo"; IF(Balance@row = 0; "Verde"))))

The colors are in Spanish, my account is in this language

The formula is operative, but inconsistent with what is initially required. Leaving blank ANY status in which its expiration date is greater than "today".

Perhaps the order of hierarchy in the formula would be a solution. I was re-ordering the position of the formula segments but it didn't work. The image I show now is applying the suggested, space in the corrected formula.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-09-12 a la(s) 06.31.23.png

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!