Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Resource management and parent/child hierarchy

Options
Kneve27
Kneve27
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello

I've created a sheet with a list of projects (the name is the parent).  The child rows contain the team members name (assigned to column), allocation %, role, etc.  I've got the sheet working to where the red man shows on the rows where there is a resource issue.  Unfortunately that only seems to apply to the child row......which means I have to expand every parent to see if there is an issue on the project.  Is there a way for the parent row to reflect a resourcing issue so I can then expand on the project name only if flagged?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Kneve27-- Currently, overallocation indicators will only appear in the rows that they apply to--in this case, your child rows. I've added your vote to have these values roll up to parent rows to our enhancement request list and our developers will consider this for a future update. We appreciate your input!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That would be quite useful.

Add my vote.

Even being able to filter the special columns (resource view, comments, attachments, etc..) would be a step in the right direction, imo.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.