SUMIFS Statements

ShellDPI
ShellDPI ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi I have been having a lot of trouble getting SUMIFS statement to work always having the result unparseable - 

=SUMIFS(FTE2:FTE589,Fund Source2:Fund Source589,"MEMS",Unit2:Unit589,"Aquatic Environment")

I have tried multiple times with just the column title and also selecting cells - I can get the statement to work perfectly if I export the sheet to Excel - =SUMIFS(C2:C20,A2:A20,"MEMS",B2:B20,"Aquatic Environment") - Can anyone see what it is I am doing wrong in the SMARTSHEET?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Try something like this.

You're only missing the square brackets for when the column name is more than one word, or it has a number or special character in it.

=SUMIFS(FTE2:FTE589; [Fund Source]2:[Fund Source]589; "MEMS"; Unit2:Unit589; "Aquatic Environment")

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=SUMIFS(FTE2:FTE589, [Fund Source]2:[Fund Source]589, "MEMS", Unit2:Unit589, "Aquatic Environment")

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.