Community Login is very random and troublesome

09/24/19 Edited 12/09/19

When I go from SmartSheet to the community to see great ideas, it always asks me to login to post comments or see details.  So I hit Login, then it takes me to my smartsheet page that was open.  Then when I go back to the community forum, it says to login.  And on and on.

With a few different clicks it finally seems to work, but the process is painful and annoying.  Is it a setting or Chrome issue?

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Greg,

I've had to log in a few times too many but not in the way that you describe it, so I think something else is causing it. Are your company using SSO?

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Are you clicking the top right most button or the community button?

Your SSO could also be redirecting that login flow as Andrée mentioned

this button.png

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

I was having a similar issue for a few weeks where I would get an error when trying to log in to the community. I could then go back to a post where it said I needed to log in, refresh the browser tab, and it would then show that I was logged in. The issue went away on its own (for me at least) after a few weeks and hasn't happened since.

thinkspi.com