Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Google Docs Merge Add-on Enhancement Request

Options
Bob Emerick
Bob Emerick ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I didn't see this while searchign through the discussions. It would be very helpful to have a Suppress Blanks feature in the merge add-on so that if there is no data in the data field, then don't populate the merge template. As an example, let's say you are building a bulleted list in the merge document and you want that list to grow or shrink based on data coming from the smartsheet. In MS Word, if you suppress blanks during a merge, you can dynamically control that list. Currently, unless someone has a different thought, I have to delete bulleted lines if the merge field doesn't have any data coming from Smartsheet.

Thanks,

Bob

Tags:

Comments

• Scott Willeke
    Scott Willeke Employee
    edited 08/23/16
    Options

We're planning an update to this integration soon. This isn't on the planned list but I'll talk to our team about this and see if we can fit it in a future update.

I'd still love votes or comments here if others are interested!

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations

• Bob Emerick
    Options

Thanks for the response Scott! Your product and team responsiveness is great!

This discussion has been closed.