Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Google Docs Merge Add-on Enhancement Request

Bob Emerick
Bob Emerick ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I didn't see this while searchign through the discussions. It would be very helpful to have a Suppress Blanks feature in the merge add-on so that if there is no data in the data field, then don't populate the merge template. As an example, let's say you are building a bulleted list in the merge document and you want that list to grow or shrink based on data coming from the smartsheet. In MS Word, if you suppress blanks during a merge, you can dynamically control that list. Currently, unless someone has a different thought, I have to delete bulleted lines if the merge field doesn't have any data coming from Smartsheet.

Thanks,

Bob

Tags:

Comments

• Scott Willeke
    Scott Willeke Employee
    edited 08/23/16

We're planning an update to this integration soon. This isn't on the planned list but I'll talk to our team about this and see if we can fit it in a future update.

I'd still love votes or comments here if others are interested!

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations

• Thanks for the response Scott! Your product and team responsiveness is great!

This discussion has been closed.