Rant about feature releases
Hi smartsheet community...I have been a smartsheet user for over a year. I have to rant a little bit. Indulge me if you wish, ignore me if you would like..but I had to get this off my chest...
Does anyone else feel like the new features that came out of engage19 were a total dud? I think the most useful thing that came out of it was the ability to automate moving a row to another sheet, and to be honest, that feels like a feature that should been available long ago. That could have been a midyear random rollout, not a major upgrade announcement!
It feels like every time I want to add functionality to our sheets that would benefit our team, I hit a wall. I open a new tab and search the forums to see if someone else has figured it our...and most of the time end up with a forum thread where someone asks how to do the same thing, someone else says no you can't, and then a bunch of users chime in with "yeah this would be awesome, a no brainer, etc"...and the thread is years old with no implementation.
1) Dropdown fields populated with vlookup type functionality so you can reference the same options across multiple sheets.
2) Formula to have a url in a cell with shortened text so you a link is not miles long.
3) Formulas automatically entered when a new row is added (without needing all the dizzying conditions of number of rows above or below with formulas, etc...just let my formulas live so users don't have to worry about it!)
4) Sheet headers so we can have fields at the top of sheet that are not bound by column properties.
5) Conditional Data....think conditional formatting or if/then logic that can input/change cell data.
and I'm sure there is more...but I'm too annoyed to think of them while I'm mid rant.
Anyways....smartsheet devs...pay more attention to the forums! People are asking for the same stuff over and over again.