Reminders

Reminders

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet

I am trying to create a workflow reminder, I want it to run weekly one week after a due date and to repeat until conditions have been met. Any Ideas?? I see that you can create a weekly reminder but you have to choose a date and I want it to be based off a due date.

Tagged:

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mandy,

You could use a so-called helper column to make it work. It could also be possible to do it with conditions in the Automation but not sure.

Would that work?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Possibly a helper column would help I will look into that thank you so much for your help

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Good Afternoon,

I am working on the helper column and I am struggling a little with this. The formulas are a little different than excel. What I want is if today's date is 1 week greater than the date in cell a and Cell B is blank then to check cell C. Does this make sense? 

Thank you,

Mandy

Happy to help!

Try something like this.

=IF(AND([email protected] = TODAY(-7); ISBLANK([email protected])); 1)

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=IF(AND([email protected] = TODAY(-7), ISBLANK([email protected])), 1)

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Good Morning, 

This formula did work and I thank you very much for your help but I do have another question. If it is 8 days past the due date it will not keep that box checked any longer. Is there a way I can adjust that formula so anything 7 or more days past due the box will stay checked? 

Thank you again,

Mandy

• This worked perfect I just changed = to < and it is all set thank you so much for all your help!

Mandy

• Okay so I did run into a problem with this. If my due date cell is blank it is still checking the helper column? I used < TODAY(-7) because I need to send alerts for anything 7 days or more past due. Can you help?

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Ok.

Try something like this.

=IF(ISBLANK([email protected]); ""; IF(AND([email protected] = TODAY(-7); ISBLANK([email protected])); 1))

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=IF(ISBLANK([email protected]), "", IF(AND([email protected] = TODAY(-7), ISBLANK([email protected])), 1))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Thank you so much that is perfect and did exactly what I needed it to. 

Excellent!

I'm always happy to help!

Best,

Andrée Starå