Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Stop expanding rows when un-Filtering a column?

Twaanie Caine
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

When i filter the column to show only tasks i am assigned to and then unfilter it expands all my rows?  Is there any way of stopping this.  It is then time consuming to minimalise all our inactive rows.

thanks Twaanie

Tags:

Comments

• Hi Twaanie-- Thanks for contacting Smartsheet Support. There is not a way to prevent this behavior at this time, but I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list. Thanks for your input!

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Add my vote too!!

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

+1 for me too. This unfortunate behaviour will 100% ensure that our team does not take advantage of the new filter tools released today. When a high number of parent/child relationships in our sheets, shared between a high number of people, t will be a big enough nuisance to forgo using it at all. Thanks for adding my vote! :)

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Add my vote as well, pretty much for the same reasons that Jaye illuminated.

Craig

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Smartsheet team, can we chat about this? This is seriously bumming our team out. With the new filters system being announced via email and when first logging in, our partners are going crazy with filtering. This is very, very frustrating to have to re-collapse everything before finding the information we need toward the bottom of the sheet. For the love of all things Smartsheet, please fix this behaviour! We are almost at the point where we'll have to email all of our partners to ask them to stop using this function, which really hurts the POV we're trying to share that Smartsheet is the best "new" thing since sliced bread.

This discussion has been closed.