My Smartsheet Wishlist

Comments

• This a really good conversation. Thank you for getting it started Megan. It provides an opportunity to not only identify our "wishlist" items for Smartsheet but to learn from each other.

• Rachel,

Use the normal Column Word Wrap formatting toolbar option on a multi-select column and the selected options will wrap!

wrapped multiselect column

• Thank you for starting this thread, and for everyone else who contributed to it. We endeavor to grant as many of your wishes as we can! I can speak for Automated Workflows and Conversations, and I've already pointed my colleagues to this who cover some of the other areas in the app mentioned.

Some of these things we are committed to such as choosing specific columns in Move Row Automated Workflows, Adding "Copy Row" in addition to Move Row, Sending Alerts/Requests to contacts in Sheet Summary Fields, mapping specific columns in Copy/Move Row, sorting of Automated Workflows dialog, sending Requests/Alerts to Smartsheet Groups, Triggering Workflows Manually, Reactions/Likes on comments, and copying workflows from one sheet to another. I can't commit to specific timing on these, but I can say the former are sooner than the latter!

Thanks again for your feedback. We get a lot of it and it is across a wide spectrum, but we love it and I hope you see that we're acting on it!

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭

These are two old ones but something that would improve information collection dramatically:

1. Dependencies on forms so irrelevant fields aren't displayed

2. Submit a form and get the data added to two separate sheets (in the mean time, add copy as an option to the move row automation/functionality and this one is sorted)

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your reply, Scott!!!  Look forward to hearing more when you are able to share!

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭

Lachlan -

I love your #1 idea - we need a little "if this then that" action in the forms - some logic would be great.  There is some logic that can be done in Dynamic View, but not everyone has Dynamic View and it's not going to fit every use case.

• We are committed to allowing Automated Workflows to use Groups as recipients. It's not the same thing, but soon you'll be able to use Sheet Summary fields as recipients which may help in some scenarios.

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Scott! That is such a great news, can't wait!

I am curious about being able to use the Sheet Summary fields as recipients so whenever you can share more with us it will be appreciated!

Thanks

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Copying workflows from one sheet to another - that is another feature that would be super helpful! Thank you, Scott! How about copying/pasting or duplicating columns in the sheet?

• Hi Ella,

Copying/pasting or duplicating columns in the sheet in an Automated Workflow is not on my radar. How would your team use that? Can you tell me more about the process/workflow/use case?

• You should hear from us with more information by the end of the year.

Thank you for the feedback and for you support!

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a new one I think many people would benefit from. Sheet Summary FOR REPORTS!!! Adding it to the enhancement requests.

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Hi Scott,

For example right now I am working on 8 different sheets for a project and I need to add 8 columns with the same name/format to each of these 8 sheets. I can't import from Excel as there are other columns in these sheets already. Unless there is any other way, I need to create the columns, select the proper format, rename them in each sheet. Copy/paste between sheets would be so much helpful in this case. 

In the sheet - instead of creating a blank column to which I need to select the proper format (text/number,dropdown etc), I can speed up the process by just duplicating the column and renaming it. 

Thanks

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭

Flagging a Comment as a Status Summary...

What about being able to flag a comment in a conversation to be a contextual status summary?

We have a field in our sheets right now called "Status Summary".  It is a text field that most of the time is just information copied/pasted from a comment in the conversation.  This then allows us to do a simple, clean status report for our execs and they don't have to read through the comments.

If there could be a way to pull a comment flagged as status summary into the "Status Summary" text field that would be amazing!!  And it would save so much time (and people would not have to remember to do the copy/paste).

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

HERE is another wish list with some good ideas. Anyone needing a chuckle should read the examples used for dropdown suggestions...

Number 3 on THIS ONE is another great idea. A report that lists all pending Update Requests.

And numbers 4 and 5 on THIS OTHER ONE also regarding Update Requests are good ideas.

Me personally...

I'd also like to see something such as @character.

We have an @cell that can look at a range and evaluate on a cell by cell basis. It would be great if we could look at the data within a cell and evaluate on a character by character basis.

I haven't quite figured out how to put the details into coherent thought enough to explain, but the general idea is that the data in the cell becomes our range.

I'll update once I can think of how to best explain it so that it doesn't sound like a bunch of rambling nonsense. Haha