Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Comment notifications

Si Spence
Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi SS Guru's

i've received the attached email informing me that a colleague has made a comment on rows 1210 in our SS titled 'NPD Tracker'.  When I click the only hyperlink I want to go to Harry's comment, but i am instead directed to the SS and not the specific row.   is there something that we should be doing differently so that these email links take us directly to the specific comment in the row?

2016-09-21_12-23-00.png

Comments

• I'd recommend using the "Send Row" feature in which you can customize how much info you can share including comments. Albeit it doesn't include the link to the sheet when recipients see it in their e-mail.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Si,

This is not a feature that SS supports yet.  It would be super useful for everybody, especially for the system managers who oversee 100's of sheets and multiple projects, but alas.

Funny thing is that in reports a hyperlink exists to take you to the specific row, so I don't know why it should not be possible with the notifications too.

This discussion has been closed.