Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Possible to share filters?

Options
Johnny Levy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have created quite a few saved filters. (I am in love with this new functionality by the way.) Now, I want others to be able to see these saved filters and apply them while they are viewing my sheets that are shared with them. Is it possible to share filters? How? 

Comments

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

Johnny,

If you are on a team account try the 'Share filter' checkbox next to the name field in the filters form.

The user will have to show the filter bar and apply the filter themselves to see the filtered data.

Ben

Share Filter.PNG

• Johnny Levy
    edited 10/03/16
    Options

Thanks Ben!  I was not on a Team Account, so that's why I wasn't able to see this. I upgraded to TEAM, and now I get the Share Filter checkbox when I create a new filter.  So for anyone else out there who was confused about this, the ability to share filters only comes with a team-level account or higher. Thanks!

• That's awesome..will totally use this!

• Si Spence
    Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a brilliant build. You can only share filters if you are  owner of the sheet...which makes sense I guess. 

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

@Si Spence

The sheet owner has to be on a Team plan or higher. The functionality can then be used by the sheet Admins/Owner

• kbrannon
    Options

How can I tell if I have team account and can share filters with others at my company?

Thanks!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kbrannon,

In the upper right of the Smartsheet screen, there is an Account link. Clicking that will bring up a menu - under Account Admin you will be able to see what type of account you have.

Craig

• Patrick Galvin
    Options

could the option to share filters be enabled for any user as we have some users that have created filters that have worked out to be very useful for managing day-to-day sheets. Currently each user would need to manually recreate each filter required in order to have the same level of daily management - this is counter productive required additional effort to maintain 

• Si Spence
    Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Patrick, i agree that it would be good to open up the Shared Filter function to more of the sheet users although not all the users, otherwise we could easily end up with a list of of Filters that's so long that we need a filter to filter the filters :)

Maybe just those users that have 'share' function on any one sheet can also share Filters.

This discussion has been closed.