Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Starting a new PMO with smartsheet

Options
Brian Mihalek
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

My company currently does not haave project management.  I have graduated from school and have been put to the task of opening a new Project office within the company.  We have a  ERP system in the company but they do not utlitize it for what its truly worth.  I have picked smartsheet as a third party software to use for my office. I will be using it more for collaboration efforts in the beginning  since we are slowly intergrating project management.  I have one question,  if I setup a main project management sheet for the specific jobs would you recommend having a seperate sheet to track PO's and vendor related parts that leave and come back in the shop, then link them to the main sheet?  Or would it be better to have them all on one sheet?  We do have a purchasing department so I will not be managing that group but I will be tracking it.   Thanks for the help. 

Comments

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would create sheets for each area/department.  You can create reports later that will pull in needed information from any of your sheets.  This way you can also manage sheet access by person/department. 

Once you dive in, you will find tons of cool benefits to SmartSheets.  We also had an ERP system and dumped it and moved the information to SmartSheets to manage.

This discussion has been closed.