Countif referencing another sheet not working

Options
Jamie Null
Jamie Null ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I have a column in another sheet called Ranking (Text/Number field).  It contains numbers from 1-200.  Using this formula it's returning a value of 0 which is not accurate from the column I selected. Is there something I'm missing?

=COUNTIF({Ranking}, >100)

I even tried to complete the formula in the sheet directly and it's displaying 0 which isn't correct. 

=COUNTIF(AMLAW:AMLAW, >100)

Any help would be great.

Tags:

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Jamie,

Just to clarify, you're looking to count the number of rows that have more than 100 in that column, correct?

Your formula is structured correctly, so it may have to do with how the numbers are input into that column. If they are returned from a formula, it's possible the numbers are being translated into a text string.

To make sure a number is showing up as a number and not a text string, look to see if the numbers are appearing on the right hand side of the cell. If they are, then they are input as numbers. If your numbers are appearing on the left side of the cell, they are somehow being turned into text.

If all of your numbers are being returned as text, adjust your COUNTIF formula to have quotes around the 100, like so:

=COUNTIF({Ranking}, >"100")

Otherwise, if they are indeed numbers and yet your formulas are still not working, it would be useful to see a screen capture of your sheet (removing any sensitive data).

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!