Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Nested IF Formula - Date Error

Options
Connor
Connor
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Set up a basic Nested IF that does nothing more than display the mailer round status based upon a set of dates entered. With no dates inputted the formula displays the correct value, however once I input a date it returns "INVALID OPERATION". I've attached a copy of the formula below for commentary. Appreciate the help.

=IF([1st Round]36 = 0, "Ready for Vet", IF([2nd Round]36 = 0, "Round 1 Sent", IF([3rd Round]36 = 0, "Round 2 Sent", IF([4th Round]36 = 0, "Round 3 Sent", IF([5th Round]36 = 0, "Round 4 Sent", "Round 5 Sent")))))

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 10/28/16
    Options

Hello Connor—it appears that your formula is set to check values in a referenced column to see if they equal 0, which is something that Smartsheet won't recognize as a comparable value to a date. Smartsheet doesn't have a way to check or compare date values to numeric values directly, so you may need to adapt your formula with that in mind.

I'd recommend checking out our date formulas to see if there's a way you can convert the date into a numeric value, then see if that value is equal to 0 or another number: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas#date

This discussion has been closed.