[help] multiple IF formula; ancestor function?

Options

Hi everybody!

I've been testing smartsheet for a month and I was just setting up a document by myself when I found a mistake in my own logic.

This is the formula I'm using: =IF(AND(ISBLANK([delivered by]@row); [start date]@row > TODAY()); "to do"; IF(AND(ISBLANK([delivered by]@row); [start date]@row <= TODAY(); [end date]@row >= TODAY()); "doing"; IF(AND(ISBLANK([delivered by]@row); [end date]@row < TODAY()); "delayed"; IF(ISDATE([delivered by]@row); "completed"))))

So my status column changes automatically from the relation of my date columns (start, end and delivered). But I need something that if a predecessor is "delayed", all the hierarchy/dependencies will be delayed too. I thought about using ANCESTOR, INDEX or MATCH but I didn't understand how to do that.

*This community is awesome! I got several tips from other discussions. I hope you can help me. Thanks.

Answers

• Eric M Oliveira
    Options

Hello,

Currently we don’t have a method to reference and alter cells based on a specific rows predecessor actions but this will be considered as a possibility for future development.

Have a wonderful day. Thank you for contacting Smartsheet Support.

Cheers,

Eric

Smartsheet Technical Support

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!