Check box in sheet when email address entered in a form matches an existing email address in a sheet

Hi,

I'm trying to get my dashboard on employee training to automatically remove rows from a report when a specific user responds using a form. I have the responses from the form automatically moving to another sheet/report, but then I want that user to be removed from the 'yet to respond' report in the dashboard.

My thought was to check a box when the email address entered in the form matches the master employee list, but I'm having trouble getting cross sheet formulas to do this the way that I would like. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks so much Paul.

The way I have it set up, I want it to check a column in the master list. I was able to make it work the way I want by doing a little bit of re-arranging of your function by searching how to actually perform a CONTAINS function.

What ended up working for me was :

=IF(CONTAINS(([Email Address]@row), {Employee Training Form Responses Range 1}), 1)

Thanks so much for your help, and I hope my response helps someone else down the line.

☮️

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My apologies for getting the sheets mixed up, but I am happy to have helped get you on the right track. 👍️

As a note... You actually do not need the parenthesis around [Email Address]@row. It may not seem like to o big of a deal on a formula as straightforward as this one, but extra parenthesis can become a mess fast when you start getting into the more complex formulas.

• Kate Kelley
    Kate Kelley ✭✭✭✭

This was just what I needed, thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!