Updating sheet without opening/saving

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 01/09/20 in Formulas and Functions

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer searching for it so any help would be appreciated.

I have 2 separate sheets, one of them is a list of tasks to due, and another is tasks that should get added on to the first sheet automatically using the copy row function on a schedule.

On the repeated tasks smartsheet (picture below) I have created formulas that post the next period for the task once the one listed is reached. Working formula posted below

=IF(Frequency@row = "Daily", TODAY(), IF(Frequency1 = "Monthly", DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()), 25) + 7), 1), IF(Frequency@row = "Bi-Monthly", IF(MONTH(TODAY()) = 12, DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, 2, 1), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), IF(ISODD(MONTH(TODAY())), MONTH(TODAY()) - 1, MONTH(TODAY())) + 2, 1)), IF(Frequency@row = "Quarterly", DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), IF(MONTH(TODAY()) < 3, 3, IF(MONTH(TODAY()) < 6, 6, IF(MONTH(TODAY()) < 9, 9, 12))), 1), IF(Frequency@row = "Bi-Annual", DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), IF(MONTH(TODAY()) < 6, 6, 12), 1), IF(Frequency@row = "Annual", DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, 1, 1)))))))

My issue is that in order for this to activate the copy row function, I need to open the sheet every single day and save it. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I'd prefer to not use zapier, but if that is the only option I suppose it is what I will have to do.

*Edit: Forgot to attach picture

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!