Summary Reports

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Summary Reports

I'm trying to create a summary report. When I select the source, the columns that display are all system columns - they're not the columns from the source. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mamie,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• I'm new to Smartsheet, and I'm scratching my head with the same issue. I expected all columns in the source sheet to be available to select in the Summary Report, but only the system defined columns are shown.

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ed Allison

To create a Summary Report, you first need to have Sheet Summary Fields on the sheet(s) being referenced.

If you are trying to create a report based on row data, you would need to create a Row Report.