Users and what they can see

Options

I have made several dashboard and portals. Inside these dashboards and portals you can click charts, links, and other widgets to navigate through my system. Is there a way to give someone else access so that they can navigate through all of my links but not see the sidebar with the files? I know they can hide this when they view, but I'd really like to have my dashboards operate like a web link.

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Instead of linking to sheets you can make a report that links to the sheets and link to that to reduce functionality.

• cpezz
    cpezz ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I meant that I'm linking to other dashboards/portals. I just don't want them to be able to see the side bar. Do you know if that's possible?

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What sidebar do you mean if you don't mean the sheet sidebar? You mean the one where you can navigate between files?

If so you can link to published links instead of direct links to the individual dashboards, which means they would not need to be logged in, and wouldn't have access to a directory of smartsheet items other than what you link to. The issue with this is that every link will open a new tab in the browser instead of navigating to the link on the active page, but you can play around with that and see if it gets you the functionality you need.