Smartsheet and Trello - Custom Fields import to Smartsheet

Hi Community,

I am in the process of creating a new Team workflow and I would really appreciate to discover how to easily import Trello Custom Fields into Smartsheet.

I am aware of the Trello import procedure https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504553-import-files-to-create-new-sheets, which is working correctly, however, since I am tracking most relevant project info through Custom Fields it would be critical to successfully mirror those info into Smartsheet.

Apparently no official Trello feature or Power Up is currently capable of satisfying this task's requirement. Is anyone aware of any work around that might help me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Alessandro,

I had a similar problem and need with a client recently and I ended up using this service,

More info:

I took some work but I got it working!

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

many thanks for your kind feedback. Much appreciated.

I will give it a try, hope this may work well for my purpose.

Quick question: in your experience with the tool, would there be a way to export/import directly into Smartsheet? Or would it require an additional step through Excel and eventually Smartsheet?

Have a great week you too.

Best,

Alessandro

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

When I last used it, I had to export from Trello and then go through the excel sheet to make it ready for import.

My client had a substantial Trello structure with so much information, and we wanted to keep comments, attachments, and everything.

I hope that helps!

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.