Pt 2: User and what they can see

I have a specific dashboard that I would like to share with a colleague. I would like to give him the "editor-cannot share" permission, but when I select that, I can longer share the dashboard. I want him to be able to see just this dashboard and be able to click on the widgets I have on that dashboard. Please let me know how I can do this.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Strange!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• cpezz
    cpezz ✭✭

This is what happens when I try to give the permission. As you can see, the "share dashboard" option goes away.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hello @cpezz

It looks like this dashboard is stored within a Workspace. Dashboards in Workspaces have the two "Editor" options for how people are shared because this sharing setting applies to the entire Workspace.

To individually share a Dashboard (without giving Editor permissions for the whole Workspace), you have two options: Viewer or Admin. A Viewer will still be able to click on your widgets. You can read more about this in our Help Center on Dashboard sharing (click here).

Let me know if I can help clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• cpezz
    cpezz ✭✭

Thanks! That really helped. One more follow up - when my colleague clicks on the widgets, he is being asked to log in. For example, I have a chart that I have linked to a spreadsheet and when he clicks on the chart, it won't let him open the spreadsheet. Do I have to manually give him permission for each sheet within the dashboard in order for him to be able to open it?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @cpezz

Yes, if you want a user to be able to access the underlying sheet by clicking on the widget, they will need to have some sort of sharing permissions on that sheet and log in to Smartsheet in order to view it.

Alternatively, you could publish the sheet and use that published link as the "Go to URL" link in the "Advanced Options" of your chart widget. Published links allow sheets to be viewed by anyone, whether they have a Smartsheet account or not. Please see our Help Center article on published links for more information (click here).