Report to display content of one specific row

Hi there,

We have a sheet that gives an overview over all our projects. Each line is a specific project. There are around 30 columns with various dates etc.

Is there a way to create a report or dashboard to show specific columns content for one row alone? So like to add a report/widget to the project specific dashboard?

Thanks

Adina

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Adina,

Yes, it is! We’d need to have something that we can use in the report/dashboard that identifies what should be shown.

We could, for example, use a Checkbox, dropdown list, or something else.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

I was hoping to find a way that the report would be created based on a project number. Or maybe there is a way to pull the rows into a new sheet based on the project number?

We have one sheet with multiple projects and details where one row is one project.

Then we have another sheet that tracks all the products for all projects. There is one row per product because each products can have various quantities and production dates and details.

Now I am trying to make a template folder per project that includes a dashboard, various reports, information on the project and a sheet for tracking progress. Most the information gets populated by entering the project number in a couple of sheets which is quite simple. However I cannot find a simple way to display the rows for the hardware...

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Adina

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

I do something similar in many of my client solutions.

If there is a unique ID we can use, then we could use VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH to get the information from the project sheet and so on. There are a few ways to structure it.

Would that work?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes that would work. I am just worried to reach the link limit.

How do the 100 distinctly named cross-sheet references count?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

The distinct cross-sheet references means that each named reference pulling information to the sheet count against the limit.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!