COUNTIFS with multiple criteria

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: COUNTIFS function with multiple criteria.

Answers

• Miranda Wensel
    Options

Hi there,

Hoping someone is able to help me. I am looking count based on multiple criteria.

I have a metric sheet set up and in one of the cells I want to count the cell with the criteria that it can only be counted if it meets PAST DUE and DUE and has been Scheduled. I am trying to pull this by referencing other sheets to pull it into my metric sheet.

I've tried the above formula:

=COUNTIFS([# of Days since last followup]:[# of Days since last followup], >30, [Issue Status]:[Issue Status], <>"Completed", [Issue Status]:[Issue Status], <>"Duplicate")

Where mine is:

=COUNTIFS({Customer Service FLEET LIST Master Range 4}, "PAST DUE", {Customer Service FLEET LIST Master Range 3}, <>"COMPANY SCHEDULED"))

What I'm trying to tabulate are two things:

• if the unit is past due AND the Scheduling column indicates "COMPANY SCHEDULED" , to count it.
    • if the unit is due AND the Scheduling column indicates "COMPANY SCHEDULED", to count it.

This is returning an #UNPARSEABLE error and I can't seem to figure it out. I've tried =JOIN(COLLECT) as well.

Thoughts?

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    Options

Hi @Miranda Wensel,

The formula you have now will count the number of rows where the unit is "past due" and the scheduling column is "company scheduled". You could also switch "past due" with "due" to get those metrics, you just have one too many parentheses at the end. Also, the operator symbols you're using indicate "Not equal to".

Try this instead:

=COUNTIFS({Customer Service FLEET LIST Master Range 4}, "PAST DUE", {Customer Service FLEET LIST Master Range 3}, "COMPANY SCHEDULED")

=COUNTIFS({Customer Service FLEET LIST Master Range 4}, "DUE", {Customer Service FLEET LIST Master Range 3}, "COMPANY SCHEDULED")

I hope this helps!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!