Form Automations

Hello, I have a few questions:

1) Can I set up a form so that it takes you to a sheet to fill in and then brings you back to fill in the rest of the form?

2) Can I set it up so that every time someone fills in a form it creates a new sheet?

3) Can I set it up so that every time a Smartsheet is created (from a form) it populates a new line item into an existing Smartsheet?

Best Answers

Answers

• Gordon
    Gordon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/05/20

I think I know the answer to this (No), but is it possible to have a form dynamically show results from another cell on the sheet that has a vlookup formula?

My use case would be to have a user type in a client code into a form, which would result in a client name appearing in a different field on the form based on a cross sheet vlookup based on the entered client code.

I'm guessing no, because it appears that the web forms are "dumb" i.e., just vessels to collect user info and drop the data entry into the respective sheet cells, after which formulas and other referencing is performed.

EDIT - Never mind, I found the other discussions on Dynamic webforms. Thanks!