Master sheet auto copying rows into sub sheets but need updates from master to flow to sub sheets

I have a master project tracker sheet with a workflow to copy rows per division to it's own sub sheet. Updates will be made to the master sheet and need to be auto updated in the sub sheet too. Is there a way for updates to occur in both sheets?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/09/20

Hi Karry,

Depending on the specifics, it might work with cross-sheet formulas and VLOOKUP or a combination of INDEX/MATCH.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you for the reply

The master sheet lists all global projects our team is working on, I've set up a condition to copy a new row into a separate division sheet (if A division is chosen in the master, then that row copies to A division's sheet) Then the division sheets are shared with division contacts that need access but don't need access to all divisions.

But we'd like to update the projects in the main sheet vs. in 2 places. I'd like to avoid a report since we may give divisions access to edit. thanks for any insight

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Is there something unique that identifies the projects?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, I have an auto-number column to assign a number to each project as they are entered

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

Then we can probably structure it with cross-sheet formulas and VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)