Send a FORM with Automation but NO link to the grid or column data showing

Options

I need to send out a client survey every 2 weeks to 5 different stake holders. Is there a way to automate the "Send Link to Form" option in the "More" drop down under "Edit Forms" to send just the link to the users?

I tried to use automation to request the update, but if I use Request an Update or Alert Someone, both automations send the data that has already been entered (e.g., from previous weeks) and I don't want them to see the other survey results. I tried using Advance Options and not selecting any columns, but you have to select at least 1 column, and even if I create a "Dummy" column, that will look messy. I also don't want the link to the grid to go out in the message, just the link to the Form. If they get to the grid, then they can see all prior Survey Results.

How do I use automation to JUST send the link to the FORM every 2 weeks?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/10/20
    Options

Hi Cheryl,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

I think there is a workaround. I'll get back to the post!

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cheryl Crouse
    Cheryl Crouse ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Andrée Starå , I look forward to hearing your workaround!

Also, We don't want to have to have the Survey Taker enter their name in the form every time. We would like for it to be a bit more personalized. However, what I am finding is that even if I use the System Generated Created By and Modified By fields in my grid, they don't give the person's name or email address, they only give "web-form@smartsheet.com". View Cell History only gives you "Form User". Is there a way to capture the name and/or email of the person completing the form without having them enter it or select it from a dropdown menu?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry! I missed this post.

The workaround. If I remember correctly, I think I used a report and then set it up to send it with recurrence.

Name/E-mail of submitter. If they are Smartsheet users, you could change the form, so the submitter has to be logged in to have access, and then you'd have a record of who the submitter is. Another option could be to use query string in the forms URL and have different URLs for different users.

Would any of those methods help/work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.