Automated rules for lines do not transfer into reports

Hi Community!

I have created a report in Smartsheet that shows me all my open tasks across all sheets. If the date on a sheet is in the past, the corresponding line turns RED. Unfortunately, this is not automatically carried over into the report. Is there a common mistake i made?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Christian,

Strange!

Conditional Formatting should show up in the report as well.

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Its in german, but i dont think language matters here :) So first comes my rule for the single Sheet: If date is in the past and "Done" is activated use red on hole line.

It works in the single Sheet:

But it does not update automaticly into the report. It only updates, if i visit the sheet, and then the report.

I tried redoing the reports.

Thanks for ur time, Christian

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

You shouldn't need to visit the sheet. You usually only need to save and refresh the report.

Did that work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that t could be that the sheet is not updating until it is opened which is why it is not showing in the report until you access the sheet?

One way to check for that is to publish the sheet as "read only - full" and then put it in a web content widget on a dashboard. This will allow you to view the sheet without actually activating it and will tell you if the issue is in fact report based, or if it is sheet based instead.