GPS location

GPS location

I really like the GPS location that seems to be enabled in the Asset Location template for example. I have about 1000 locations for street furniture we want to upgrade. So we already have the locations in an Excel sheet. How could we transfer those locations in Excel to a GPS location that can be clicked such as the one in the template?

Comments

• OK, I got part of it OK

I created a colunm concatenating the lat and long I have in two other columns and put the following text in a cell:

="https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query="+lat2+","+long2

That would work except that the comma seems to stop the hyperlink continuing.

The link once clicked is missing the longitude

instead of

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Etienne,

Interesting!

I’ve developed something similar for a client to create a URL to search for packages.

I’d be happy to take a look and see if I can help!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD