"Alert someone" - send an email to specific group of people

Options

Hi Community,

I'd like to ask if there is any chance to set "alert someone" option on workflows, using specific distribution list, e.g. SmartSheet Contact Groups?

In my sheet, I have combined few responsible departments and depending on which department is responsible for each row, then in case of added/changed row I'd like to notify specific department's representatives only. Whole sheet is shared for more people so I want to avoid option "send to everyone shared to this sheet", same as adding each time manually dozens of people using "send to specific people".

Thanks in advance for your support !

Answers

• Harvey Mon
    Harvey Mon ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tomas

i suggest in your main sheet arranged 1 column and use Contact Dropdown List wherein you add the names and emails of that person, and when you send automation you can select "send contact in a cell and that will send to the person in your cell.

please see my example below, i created a column Engineer and i added their names and emails as contact list:

Sample Column with Contact list Dropdown

who ever assigned to the column engineer he/she will receive it.

Hope that will help you

Regards

Harvey

• Harvey Mon
    Harvey Mon ✭✭✭
    Options

In addition, you can do a multiple contact list dropdown also if you want to notify 1 or more person

Thanks

Harvey

• Sean Morgan
    Options

Hello,

After some testing and investigation, sending an Alert to a group is not currently supposed within Smartsheet.

If possible, please can you raise an Enhancement Request under "Additional Information" regarding this matter. This request will then be sent to the Product team to consider this feature for a future release of Smartsheet.

Contrary to this, Harvey's idea would replicate this experience perfectly, if you find this suitable for your sheet.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Sean