Is it possible to have live links on a read-only page?

I created a Report in which several other sheets report data into. It also creates a link to the sheet where each line item came from. Which is very useful.

Because I need to make this report available to over 250 people I created a "Full" read-only link, which works well except for the fact that the links to the other sheets do not work. They only seem work if you open the sheet as a collaborator. I don't really have to want to share the sheet every time someone new wants to view it. I work for a large company and I would have to manage the access constantly.

Is there a way to have live links on a read-only sheet?

Thanks

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello

Have you tried creating a published version of the report?

If you open your report and go to the right hand vertical toolbar there is a button with a globe on it called Publish.

Using this feature creates a URL which you can add to a dashboard; send to a recipient or add to a webpage which takes the user to a View Only version of the report. However the URL in the cells of the report are still clickable.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

​Debbie Sawyer Consultant & Training Manager

• Thanks Debbie.

I tried this and links are not still not active. I had two choices, create a URL (which i did) or use embedded code.

Is there a setting that I might have to change?

Thanks again!

Jason

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How strange Jason.

I tested with a URL in a cell before I posted and mine were clickable! haha

I would be more than happy to set up a zoom and watch you show me the issue and see if I can work out why it isn't working?

Is it a link to a smartsheet item? or an external document?

Can you describe the behaviour/take screen shots?

I am sure there is a logical explanation!

Kind regards

Debbie