Forms

Options

We have it set up on a form that the entry appears on the bottom of the sheet. Wouldn't this mean that the entry appears on the next available line item? Instead, when a form entry is submitted it appears on line 16 when there are only 3 line items (form entries) existing in the sheet. Why does it skip 13 lines? How do we make it so that each form entry appears on the next consecutive line item and does not skip any rows?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Sidonia,

It’s probably because the rows look empty but there is or have been data on them.

Try deleting all other rows and then it should it work as expected.

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sidonia Posteuca
    Options

Thank you for the response Andree.

I tried this multiple times. The rows don't stay deleted. The rows come back and when a new form entry is submitted it skips lines again.

Is there a default or something in Smartsheet (that the sheet has to have at least 50 lines or something).

Ideally, we would just want each form entry to create a new line item (row) and not have a bunch of empty rows or have the form entries skip 2-3 lines every time.

How can we fix this?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

Yes, there will always be empty rows by default, but there shouldn't be empty rows between each submission.

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.