URL for rows

Hello, I don't know if this is even possible but it is a question I have about Smartsheet.

Is it possible to have a URL or link for each individual row/line item in a sheet?

Right now, we are using the overall sheet URL and putting it into a QR code that people can scan and go to make updates/status changes.

We were just wondering if the URL could be more specific, where when they scan the QR code it takes them directly to that line item and they update just the row they need to. Instead of scanning the QR code and opening the entire sheet then having to sort/scroll to the row that needs editing.

This will eliminate extra work, time and prevent people from accidentally clicking/making edits on the wrong rows.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sidonia,

Yes, it is.

If you right-click on the row or use the Row Menu dropdown on the right side of the row number and then select the properties option at the end of the list you can copy the Row Link at the bottom.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Amanda Merrigan
    Amanda Merrigan ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå - a little off topic, but similar. Is there a way to do an index/match that will return that row url in another sheet? ie - =INDEX({ROW URL}, Match(Info@row, {Info}, 0)). I'm not sure how to get the ROW URL into the Reference or if you even can.