Notification Email Links Not Working?

This may be my expectations vs. reality but when I receive a notification email I open it and click the top link which intuitively would take me to the row being referenced in the email. Instead it takes me to random rows on Smartsheet depending how I have it filtered. But, even with filters off, it does not always take me to the row being referenced in the email. Is it supposed to take me to that row or are my habits getting ahead of reality? If it is indeed supposed to take me to the exact location in Smartsheet what do I need to keep in mind (eg keep filters off)? Thanks

Answers

• Hello ychang,

Thank you for reaching out within the Smartsheet community.

After some testing, it appears that it's expected behaviour for the Alert to take you to the sheet, rather than a specific row.

For confirmation on this, you may want to reach out to our Support team here: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact-002a

Kindest Regards

Sean

• ychang
    ychang ✭✭

I'm not authorized to click that link apparently. When I log in, it takes me to my home page. I'm finding the more I use Smartsheet, the more rough it feels. From the way you have to click outside a cell to close pop-up boxes (as opposed to pressing enter), to the above issue, to things like having to login to enter different parts of the support site, to not being able to use filters effectively. We're trying to migrate all of our project management to SS and it does feel like swimming upstream.

• Hello ychang,

Please attempt to use this link here, and then select "Support". https://www.smartsheet.com/contact

If you get the chance, please reach out to support with the issues you are facing, and one of our agents can investigate further or advise on best practices.

Furthermore, you can deselect a call by selecting ESC (escape) if you are using a windows computer.

Regards

Sean

• The same happens to me. The link in the notifications both via email and web version does not lead me to the corresponding row. I already put my claim and they gave me attention number. I am waiting.

• Notification Email Links Not Working