Updating multiple rows using dynamic view .

Applying alert workflow in my sheet for approval someone(more than 10 rows) rows ..

when person approved all 10 rows one by one, smartsheet workflow auto run and send mail to respected mailer id but when updating 3-4 rows one mail trigger for 3/4 rows changes alert, after updating next 3-4 rows mail trigger for next 3-4 rows alert and same for next ..

i need only one mail trigger to respected mailer id for all changes .. it's possible ?

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello

May I ask what frequency you have your trigger set to?

Is it set to When Triggered (as in this screen shot, or Hourly, Daily or Weekly?

As long as the text in the alert is generic (i.e. it doesn't have any column names in {{ }} then the number of records that meet true since the last time the alert ran will combine and send together.

Does this help at all?

Kind regards

Debbie

• thanks for your support....

• I am not using any Run workflow(daily , hourly), in my trigger run workflow if use hourly then we received hourly alert mail ( 1 mail for all updated fields past 1 hour)...

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to take a screen shot of the workflow that you have set, then we can try and establish why it isn't sending all 10 at once. Apologies if I have mis-understood the query...

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI

Thank you for the image, I can see that your alert is set to When Triggered. With the trigger set as it is, then each time the Smartsheet is saved the alert will check to see if the condition meets true and if it is true it will send the alert. It appears that the sheet might be being saved half way through someone updating it. They might be saving manually or the autosave might be kicking in and prompting the user to save.

If the sheet isn't allowing enough time between autosaves, then you could look to see how frequent these are set to and expand the autosave setting to allow the user to save for themselves once they have updated the correct number of row?

(Autosave settings are found in Top right corner button Account --> Personal Settings -->Settings heading on the left)

Would that help?

Kind regards

Debbie

• thank you for explanation... already use auto save (10 min) option..

In case i will your hourly option then what is the output , means received alert mail after 1 hour..??

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, at the end of each hour, the workflow will run and all rows that have met the Preparer Status = Approved condition within that hour will collate into 1 message to the recipient.

Kind regards

Debbie

• thanks Debbie for your support..... thanks

• when we use past 2 day or past 1 day or after 1 day or after 2 days in workflow , it will work on weekday or normal all days (including Saturday Sunday )day...??

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good question - I believe it works on calendar days (all days) inclusive of Saturdays and Sundays.

• thanks.. please help to create a daily base trigger if current date cross completion date .. share any idea please..

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there another value to add to the criteria - e.g. if Completion date is in the past and the Status is not equal to Complete?

What other condition do you need along with completion date being in overdue?

•  if Completion date is in the past and the Status is not equal "Approved" (Status is Blank).. then alert ..

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Go to Automation menu - start new workflow - set the Trigger to be When a date is reached (rather than when rows are added or changed)

Use the drop down arrow on Run Once to select Custom, set to daily recurrence

In the Condition area see if you can reproduce the following:

Then say who you want to send the alert to as previously done...

Good luck :)

Kind regards

Debbie