How to fix my #Boolean Expected Error

Options

Good morning, I'm trying to solve this error in my formula. All I want to do is display a % complete every time I click a check mark under my done column. Here is my formula:

=COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1) / (COUNTIFS(Done:Done, 0, Tasks:Tasks, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell))) + (COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1)))

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where is the cell that you are trying to put the answer to this formula? Is that destination cell a Text/Number data type or are you trying to put the answer at the end of your Done column?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to just convert it into a text string by adding

+ ""

to the end.

=COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1) / (COUNTIFS(Done:Done, 0, Tasks:Tasks, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell))) + (COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1))) + ""

• Ted Iovino
    Options

Thank you Debbie and Paul for your responses. I'm trying to locate a total percentage every time I complete a project in the Done row 1 slot right above the checkbox column.

Paul, thank you! It displays it as a decimal point now! I do however want it to display as 20% instead of 0.20. When I click percentage format, it doesn't change it. Do I have to alter my formula?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi - If you move your formula into a new column (a Text/Number) column then the % button will work :)

Hope this helps.

Debbie

• Ted Iovino
    Options

Hi Debbie, I moved it to my tasks column which is a Text/Number type, but the % button didn't change anything. Did I do something wrong?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you remove the +"" from the end as you won't need it now...

• Ted Iovino
    Options

Wahh thank you!! I didn't really understand the +"" addition to the formula, didn't realize I had to take it out.

• Ted Iovino
    Options

You guys are amazing and both explanations were perfect. Thank you so much again, I will remember this for future projects!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help! 👍️

Please don't forget to mark the most appropriate response(s) as "helpful". That way others searching for a similar solution can know that one may be found here.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad it is now working for you :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!