Is Resource Management limited only to paid users?

We are a software development company and we use Smartsheet as a project management tool to onboard new clients. These projects have thousands of tasks and resources that are internal (our team) and external (our clients' teams).

As our company grows and the number of simultaneous onboard projects increase, we now need to start tracking resource management across multiple projects for both internal (our company users) and external users (our clients' users).

However, when I research this feature, I see that this functionality is only applicable to paid users??? Is that right? When I try to create resource views, it only allows me to select the short list of paid users? I must be doing something wrong!

All users that we need to track resource allocation for are editors; in other words, free users. Once the project is completed, I will no longer needs those users so I cannot buy licenses at $25 per user per month just to temporarily track resource allocation.

Please let me know how I can turn editors into trackable resources for resource allocation management.

Thank you.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sergio,

Fortunately. It’s not limited to paid users, but they have to be invited to your account as users. You can invite them and use a made-up e-mail address. (confirmation isn't needed)

Something like

• Resource1@project1.com
    • plumber@project0150.com

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.