How I stop the new row from getting the format of the header line ?

Hi

When I use copy/move row to other sheet , the source table become free , so when I enter a value in a new row , it get the format of the header which I don't want

Is there any way to stop the new row from getting the header format ?

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/09/20

Hi Ziad,

Yes, but you'll have to make sure that the below conditions aren't met.

The short version! It will be auto-filled with the same format if at least two rows before or after is the same format.

More info:

If the formula structure is the same above/below the Formula Autofill will add the formula(s) automatically.

Conditions That Trigger Formula Autofill

You’ll see formulas populate automatically when you type in a newly inserted or blank row that is:

• Directly between two others that contain the same formula in adjacent cells.
    • At the topmost of the sheet if it’s above two rows that have the same formula in adjacent cells. (This includes rows inserted from a form.)
    • At the bottommost of the sheet if it’s below two rows that have the same formula in adjacent cells. (This includes rows inserted from a form.)
    • Above or below a single row that is between blank rows and has formulas.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.