Finding Attachments

We are trying out Smartsheet for obtaining documents from clients. We give them a list of what we need, and they give us the documents. So we set up a Smartsheet with each document request on a row, and they're going to attach the appropriate files to the rows. For the most part, I think we'll love Smartsheet for this.

However, I see an issue coming:

If a client user accidentally attaches a file to the sheet instead of a row, how are we going to know that?

Clicking the paperclip on the right side to view attachments will show all attachments, but there may be over 100 attachments in a given sheet, and we will have to routinely scroll through the list to make sure we haven't missed anything.

Is there a way to either receive an alert when an attachment has been added at the sheet level or to sort the attachment list to easily find sheet-level attachments? Or to prevent sheet-level attachments all together?

Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/10/20

Hi Tvetter,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible at the moment to get an alert, sort, or prevent the possibility of adding a sheet level attachment, but those are excellent ideas!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a workaround, you can see on the attachment if it's on a specific row or at the sheet level, and if you click the sheet level indicator, it will only show those attachments.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.